Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Independence Week

Hello Friends and Family!
Happy Independence Week! I have to say week because we still have like 4 days until it's the 4th...and it's technically still June! Haha!
Well, it's been another week here in Indiana doing the same old missionary work. Knocking doors and trying to teach some people the gospel! This week we had some pretty funny run ins with some of the Terre Haute crazies! We had only heard stories about them from the Elders but finally were able to meet a couple the other night! I guess you could say it's an accomplishment making it 5 months in the Haute without meeting some! YAY! haha and it wasn't actually me who talked to the crazy guy, it was my companion...I was talking to a relatively sane one. Anywho, it was funny! We taught a drunk guy who wasn't interested at first but the more we talked, the more interested he got. He said we could come back, so we are going over to teach him tonight with some members. Hopefully he isn't drunk and remembers we are coming over! We had been praying all day to find a new investigator and it was like 8:30 at night when we found him, so we saw it as a miracle and have high hopes that it will work out!
This week for dinner, I got one of my favorite meals! Yep, that's right, I got some chicken roll-ups! I love when members ask what we miss from home and I can just give them mom's number for her to give them the recipe! It was like I was back at home! I ate way to much obviously and left feeling fat and happy! Thanks for passing on the recipe mom! Loved it! 

We had a fun day Friday. We had district meeting in Linton, middle of nowhere Indiana..., and had to take the Brazil Elders down with us. It was a fun car ride and a pretty fun District Meeting. I really like our district, we are some fun missionaries! We got to sit in on a lesson with the Brazil Elders since it was on the way back and we finally got to teach a recent convert who we haven't had contact with in a couple months! It was so great to be able to see her again! 

On Saturday night we got permission to go to a football game for someone in our ward! He was on an All-Star team for the surrounding high schools. It was so fun to be able to watch football again! It was an exciting night and we had lots of fun with the members and other missionaries!
It was a great week and will be another great week this week! I am excited for the adventures ahead! Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
love,
Sister Abbie Paige!
1. After the football game
2. The best meal of the week! 





No comments:

Post a Comment