Tuesday, June 17, 2014

6 Months in the Haute

Hello my lovely family and friends!
So we had transfer calls last night and Sister Faleono and I will be staying together for another transfer! Yay! Which means that Terre Haute is now now my longest area! By the time I leave her when Sister Faleono is done with her training, I will have spent 6 months here! Which is just crazy to me because it doesn't feel like I've been here for almost 5 months already! We are both excited to keep working together and to work on getting an investigator to baptism!
We have a mission wide goal of "121 Miracles" going on that will end at the end of this next transfer. The goal is to have each of the 121 proselyting areas have a baptism. So we are both working hard to try to meet this goal. We have a couple investigators who could meet it, but are facing some hold ups right now. So as well as meeting their needs, we are trying various ways to find new investigators. I am very glad to continue to work in the Honey Creek ward and get to know more people!
This week was pretty slow. We didn't teach as much and didn't find any new investigators. We spent some time trying different ways of finding though! We went to a Strawberry Festival and got to talk to a couple of people there, which was good! We met with less-actives and did some service. our zone meeting this week was almost a repeat of the specialized training we received two weeks ago, but it was really good to hear a lot of it again in a smaller group. We were lucky and got to hear it twice, so hopefully we should remember it better...
I am trying to think of something funny that happened this week but I can't think of one...we didn't have too many funny awkward missionary moments this week so I will share one from one of the elders in the ward! hehe...while beginning a lesson with their 22 year old investigator, she asks, "Is it hot in here?" and the elder responds, "No, it's just you....(they all look at him and laugh) oh, I just called you hot! I'm sorry!" HAHAHAHAHA it reminded me of a similar moment in Disneyland a couple three years ago while we waited in line for the Haunted Mansion....ring any bells family?
Well, sorry there's not too much to report this week! Hopefully this week brings more adventures and miracles for me to share next week! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
love,
Sister Abbie Paige
1. A cool helmet one of the members has...Megan would get along well with the majority of the Hotians...they all love Dr. Who and Star Trek type things...
2. the infamous Indiana cornfields are starting to grow! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment