Monday, June 9, 2014

Trainings, Exchanges and Patience

Hello, Jello!
We got to go to primary yesterday because Sister Faleono played the piano for them and they sang a nice little welcome song to all of us visitors! It was the Jello song...a different jello song that I was used to...I thought they were about to sing the "Jello pudding yum, yum, yum..." that we sang at Girl's Camp. It was really fun to be able to be in primary again and see the little kids singing the songs for Fathers Day on Sunday!
This week was a pretty busy week. It was one of those weeks that flew by but by the end of the week, you can't remember anything that happened! It was very fun though! So on Wednesday, we had a specialized training for all the missionaries in the training program, so all 3 sets of missionaries from our ward went. It was pretty funny actually because as we were driving up to Fishers, we missed one of our turns and then ended up right behind the Elders from our ward! The training was really great! We received some cool trainings from President and the Assistants on prayer and contacting people. Then we had lunch and had a chance to talk with the other missionaries there. Sister Faleono had a great time catching up with her MTC friends! After lunch, we had some more trainings on the church tours we've been practicing, which was great! It was a good day and I received lots of cool revelation!
Then the next day, we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. I got to do my exchange with Sister Vidmar. It was fun to be able to catch up with her and talk about our crazy times back in the Fishers apartment! It was a fun day and we met some cool people. I don't have a picture from that day yet, we were in a rush at the end of the day to switch back and I had left my camera inside but it was a fun day!
The last couple days have been a test of my patience with a couple different things. First off, on Saturday we  had a lesson with an inactive we've been meeting with. She doesn't really want much to do with the church but we have been doing service for her for a while now. So we were meeting with her and her daughter came to visit, who used to be a member. They kept saying little side comments about the church but the most awkward part was when the two women started arguing about the Bible...we were literally in the middle of this mother and daughter's bashing! They weren't bashing the church, they were bashing each other and we were sitting in the middle of it...it was pretty funny but it also really aggravated me after. So that was a test of my patience and Sister Faleono and the Elders heard me vent about that for a bit. Then another test has been yesterday and today.There is an Elder, who I'm sure is a wonderful person but for some reason, he just irks me so much! It has been so difficult for me to be patient and try not to get bugged every time he talks. So trials happen no matter who you are or what you are doing! Luckily the Sassy Abbie in me hasn't crept out and said some snarky, sarcastic comment...there is always a plus to every negative! :)
I love you all and hope you have a fantastic weeks! Happy Fathers Day to my favorite dad! :)
love,
Sister Abbie London


1. A little bit of Indy for you! Look familiar dad?
2. Our Crazy district

No comments:

Post a Comment