Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weather... it's crazy

Howdy ya'll! 

It has been another exciting week here in Terrre Haute! I mean, when isn't it! To start off, we have had all the seasons this week. It was snowy last Monday, sunny Tuesday and Saturday (60 degrees and drove with the windows down), thunder storms on Thursday, and then back into the 30's yesterday and today...it's crazy! It was very nice to have those happy sunny days. It gave us hope that the end is near! I had started to forget that the ground isn't white! 

On Tuesday we headed down to Bloomington for zone conferences with the Terre Haute, Bloomington, Franklin, and Columbus zones. I have been in all but the Columbus zone so I had lots of missionary friends there including all but one of my former companions! We received really great trainings and some cool new information! We are now allowed to go to the temple once every 6 months with a member! So I can potentially go to the temple twice from now until I go home! It is exciting and we are all pretty happy about it! President gave a cool training on the Book of Mormon and how we need to have had our own personal conversion when reading the Book of Mormon before we can expect our investigators to have one. So he had us find a scripture and relate it back to us and our experiences as missionaries. He challenged us to study from the Book of Mormon at least 20-30 minutes each day and to find verses that we can put our names into and liken them back to us. A cool one that I found this week comes from 3 Nephi 5:13, "Behold, I, Abbie, am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of god. I have been called of him to declare his word among  his Hoosiers, that they might have everlasting life." It has been so fun to relate the scriptures back to my life and to the place where I have been called! I have really noticed how much the Book of Mormon really does relate to my own life! So now, I invite you all to try this! Either add your name into the verse or replace some one else's name with your own. It works! 

Oh, fun story about zone conference! So all of the cars are inspected at zone conference by the senior missionary in charge of cars and they usually give a gift card to the companionship with the best car. So, Sister Ruth and I really wanted to win, so we just made sure we did a good job at cleaning the car last Monday. We won!!!!!! Elder Hodges was very impressed at how clean our car was! Yay! I was, and still am, pretty excited about this because for any of you who ever rode in my car back home, you would know that that car was not the cleanest car....it was pretty bad. So look, I am learning things everyday! 

We had a pretty slow week. We had some people drop us (one of which we picked back up 2 days later...) and lots of appointments fall through. We were able to get in contact with a couple less-actives that we've been trying for a while and were able to get 2 new investigators. We haven't really had anything too exciting, except last week I taught my first Law of Chastity lesson and it went great! It wasn't awkward and we didn't teach it horribly! :) SO that is a big accomplishment! 

Sorry I don't have anything too exciting to report this week. Other than bee's are pretty fascinating creatures! We had dinner with some members and they are bee keepers so I found out lots of cool things about bee's that I never knew! I still do not like them but they are pretty cool! 

I love you all! 

-Sister Abbie London

This is my new companion, Sister Ruth!! She's awesome! 


 There is this place in Bloomington and Terre Haute called Square Donuts and they have donuts that are square! there are actually very good! We just went there...yum yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment