Monday, March 10, 2014

Where to Start...

Hello Everyone! 

So, this week has been super exciting! So many different things happened, which is super exciting because I usually don't have too much to report on! 

We'll start off with the most exciting thing, Cheyenne's baptism!!!!!!! Woot woot! On Saturday, Cheyenne got baptized! It was such a special day for her and her family and I am so excited that I was able to be a part of it! She was glowing and was just so excited to be baptized! She had the biggest smile on her face when she came up out of the water! It was funny, they had her pull the plug after and it was a little stubborn, so she actually got to do a little bit of swimming at her baptism just to get the plug out! Haha! It was just the perfect day! She bore an awesome testimony of the gospel! It is so cool that an 11 year old can have such a strong knowledge of the truth, but she sure does! She has such a bright future in this gospel and I am excited for her to continue to learn and grow in that testimony! She is wonderful! 

We had stake conference this week, which was good! Last night there was a musical fireside by David Glen Hatch. That was excellent! We had an investigator show up to that and it was exciting to see her feel of the spirit there! It was a great fireside and it made me wish I would have been a little more diligent in my piano practicing...sorry mom. I guess I should have listened to you! 

On Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders in Bloomington! We got to go down and spend the day with them on the IU campus! It was so great to get to go back to Bloomington and work with Sister Nieman again! She is an awesome sister and went to SUU! She also loves Duck Dynasty, so there is always plenty to talk about! We met some cool students and even though everyone avoided us like we carried a very contagious disease, we were able to talk to a girl who had been baptized when she was younger! She hasn't been to church since she moved in with her dad but it was super exciting to talk with her and hopefully help her to get the church back into her mind! 

This week we did lots of service! We helped a nonmember in the area last minute on Thursday when she had a pipe break. She woke up that morning to an inch of water on her floor and a house showing scheduled at 11...so we headed over to help her try to save her floors (which didn't end up happening...) however, we were able to get them dry enough to have the house be showed. It was really a neat experience. She doesn't believe in God but comes to church sometimes because she is really good friends with a member, so she knows some of the ward members pretty well. The member found out about the pipe and called us, as well as some members to see if we could come help. We rushed over, as well as the Elders and a couple members. She had called a professional to come too but by the time he actually showed up 2 hours later, they were dry (on the top at least.) It was so awesome to see this act of Christ-like charity from these members for someone who isn't a member of the church.

I also wanted to brag about my adventurous eating that happened this week! On Saturday I ate Lebanese food....and like it! For the most part...my favorite part was the Baklava that we had for dessert! Yum yum! It was very good! I also tried Salmon last night! I wasn't a big fan but hey, the point is that I tried it which is a big improvement in itself! 

So real quick, we were looking at our family history and seeing how far back we could go, and I made it back to this dude who was born in about 79 BC and died in about 18 BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool huh?! I wasn't very smart and forgot to write down the line of how I got there, but my goal is to figure it out again! It is down the Hunt line until King Henry VIII and then I went of off him...one day I'll find it again! 

So, that's about all I've got for you right now or that's about all I can remember! I love you all and hope you have a spectacular week! 

-Sister Abbie London

 
Us at cheyenne's baptism


My family history success story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment