Monday, March 31, 2014

Service Brings Smiles

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all had a joyful week! It was a good week here in the Haute! It was the first time in about 7 months where I didn't have to go to a transfer meeting! It was a strange experience for me! Haha! So this week we had more open spaces than in previous weeks, especially on Wednesday. So I don't have too many exciting stories to report.
So we ended up doing a lot of service this week! There is a member in the ward who is fixing up an old house that used to be condemned. He has been working on it for the past 2 years and it is pretty close to being done. He was supposed to be finished by today so that someone could move in, however, I don't think that happened due to how much was left to get done. So on Wednesday we spent a lot of time helping clean some things up and do some painting. It was so much fun and it just felt so nice to do so much service. We spent some time on Saturday helping out too. I have noticed that these past 9 months as a missionary have been some of the happiest times of my life, all due to the fact that I get to serve others. Service really does bring smiles. It brings smiles to those we help, it brings smiles to us, and it brings smiles to God. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." It is such a joy to be able to serve people physically and to be able to spiritually serve them by sharing this wonderful message! So I want to invite you all to find ways this week to serve someone. Service doesn't have to mean going and pulling out their dead tree, it is simple acts of kindness. It is easy and when done right, it will bring a smile to your face!
The rest of this week was pretty routine. I had a cool experience Thursday around 4:00, so right about the time when my sister had just got married. We were watching the Restoration video with a new investigator. It is only a 20 minute video but it is so powerful and spirit filled. I learn something new every time I watch it. What I recognized this time was how vital the Restoration is to our eternal families. I was sitting and watching Joseph Smith look at a pillar of light and I realized that without that simple act of faith, I wouldn't be in an eternal family. My sister wouldn't have just been sealed to a man for time and all eternity. We wouldn't have the temple or the sacred ordinances that come along with it. I gained an even bigger testimony of the Restored Gospel than I already had and it made me feel a lot less sad about missing their special day. The gospel is true!
So those are my random thoughts for the week! I hope you enjoyed them! I love you all!
love,
Sister Abbie London
1. Cool wooden Indian from a restaurant
2. I received lots of love from home this week! Thanks mom and dad! 






No comments:

Post a Comment