Monday, February 17, 2014

Terre Haute (Tera Hoe-t)

Hello friends and family!
Well it's been another exciting transfer week here in Indiana! I am now serving in the Honey Creek ward in Terre Haute Indiana! It is a little north of where I was in Bloomington but not too far, I am still in the Bloomington stake which means that at zone conference tomorrow I get to go back to B-Town! It is actually pretty funny because there will be 4 zones at zone conference tomorrow and out of the 4 I have now been in 3 of them! I am excited to see all of my friends and actually 3 of my last companions will be there too!
So I am serving in Terre Haute with Sister Ruth! Sister Ruth has been out for 3 months and is just awesome! She is a great missionary! It has been so fun serving with her so far. She is a great teaching and has such a strong testimony of this gospel! There are currently 6 missionaries in the Honey Creek ward, us and then 2 sets of Elders. Out of all 6 missionaries, I have been out the longest! I feel so old and I am still such a young missionary! It is crazy how quick the time goes when you are having fun and are on the Lord's errand!
We are teaching some really solid people here! We actually have an investigator who is getting baptized on March 2 after Stake Conference! She is awesome! Her name is Cheyenne, she is 11, and she loves the gospel! She is super excited to be baptized! We are also teaching a girl, Whitney. She is probably mid-20's and is on date for May 17! She has also just grasped the gospel and ran with it. She loves it and is getting into the Book of Mormon! There is one of our investigators who is taking care of her father who has Alzheimer's. She is amazing and has such a desire to learn and believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior! She grew up as a JW and over the years has drifted away. Right now she isn't quite sure what she believes but she prayed at the end of our last lesson and it was such a wonderful, heartfelt prayer! He dad is so funny! Because of his Alzheimer's he is kind of flirty. The whole time he kept telling Sister Ruth and I how gorgeous we were! He especially likes Sister Ruth. When we were leaving, he told her that he would have like to marry her and then he leaned in and tried to kiss her on the lips!!!!!!!!!!! It was so funny! Luckily he is old and moves slow so it was deflected. We had a good laugh about that one!
So Terre Haute is pretty good! It is more country than my other areas so I am slowly making it to those middle of no where towns! So one more funny story and then I'll go! So we were at our apartment(which is an old school) on Thursday doing our weekly planning, when all of a sudden we hear our door open! We had the door bolted with the chain so it didn't open all the way! We just sat there and then they closed the door. We were so scared! Then when we were leaving, we opened the door and a bag of food was hanging there! We are thinking the member who fed us accidentally opened the door but we aren't sure! It was pretty funny!
I love you all and hope you have a great week! My new address is:
803 E Springhill Dr.
Terre Haute IN 47802
I'd love to hear from you!
love,
Sister Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment