Monday, March 24, 2014

6 More Weeks in the Haute!

Howdy Friends!
So we found out last night that Sister Ruth and I will be staying together for another transfer! :) I have been moved around so much recently that I forgot what it feels like to stay! It is nice not having to pack everything up and now we don't have to worry about calculating a trip to Fishers into our monthly miles! :) Woot woot! I am excited to continue to work with these wonderful people here and to get to know Sister Ruth better! It will be an exciting 6 weeks!
So this week has been good! Nothing too exciting except that on Friday we were doing some annual service at a less-actives house and helped her get started on Family Search. So we set her up and started putting in what she remembered about her family. Her mom's info was already up so we ended up just seeing how far back it went. We just kept getting farther and farther back. The farther we got back the more excited she got! She got more excited when we got back to all of the kings and then, we were able to follow her line all the way back to Adam and Eve! She was so excited, she started to cry! It was such a cool experience. She doesn't really want much to do with the church, Sister Ruth and I are the only contact she has with Mormons. We have been going over there every week to do service and to have dinner with her and it has been so amazing to see the little progress she is making. She has started to ask us questions about the church and some doctrines she didn't understand. It is very little steps and very tiny steps, but it is so amazing to be able to witness!
After getting her back that far, I decided that I could probably be able to trace my line back too! And I did! Yep, we are related to Adam and Eve. I found it off the Hunt line, then off of the King Henry line. There are lots of switches but I wrote down directions on how to get there...of course I forgot them at the apt, so I will just mail them to you mom and you can go find it! It's exciting!
So the ward here covers Brazil, IN. We have a set of Elders up there but we try to get up there once a week because there are some people we are supposed to be teaching and also names from the ward council we need to visit. So we spent the majority of our day Thursday in Brazil! It was great and I really like going to Brazil! The really fun part was that our RC Cheyenne and her little Brother were over at a members for dinner. So before heading home, we stopped by to say hi! They were doing some yard work, so we decided to help. I helped by driving the lawn mower and trailer of leaves back to the garden! It was oodles of fun and I really like driving those! I am a pro at driving it and hope we can go do some service for them again soon! :)
Our investigators are good. Nothing super exciting happened with them this week! We taught them, they listened, some kept commitments and some not so much. It has been fun to work with such wonderful people!

I love you all and hope you have a good last week of March!
-Sister Abbie London
1. Giraffe statue that someone has in their yard! We saw it on the way to a district meeting! 
2. Grandpa Adam and Grandma Eve
3. Me driving the lawn mower...and Elder Nyman photobombing me...








No comments:

Post a Comment