Monday, April 7, 2014

Excitement All Around!

Hello Everyone!
So this week has been a great one! Lots of exciting things! We will have to start at the beginning of the week this time. Last Monday was absolutely beautiful! It was the first time since September that we did a preparation day activity out side! It was so great to be able to be out in the sun and run around! We played soccer, so I was loving it! To make it better, we were playing with all Elders. They were very shocked that I knew what I was doing out there...I wasn't able to be as violent with them as I was when I did coed a couple years ago, however it was legit! The highlight was when I scored a highly epic left-footed goal! Yes, that's right! Left foot! The only downfall to the day was like 5 minutes later when I heard a "pop" in my right ankle...all is well, t'was only a minor sprain or roll. It swelled up a little bit, went down, and is now still a little swollen...I think that is because I kicked the wall in my sleep last night...oops!
This week we received a training on doing church tours! This type of church tour is being done in one other mission in Boston! It is really neat and is so simple! Right now we are only doing the trainings and focusing on getting down what it is we need to say. Then next month, we are going to give the tour to members and then probably in June we will focus more on giving the tour to investigators and nonmembers. It is such a cool thing and am so excited that I get to be a part of it. It is definitely going to help the work here. It used with various selected art work around the building and using the artwork to simply teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am really excited!
The highlight of the week though, definitely had to be General Conference! I loved it all but was especially touched by the Sunday morning session. I felt connected to every talk and thought it was just spectacular! Some of my favorite quotes were:
"Lift the Goblet of Gratitude."-President Uchtdorf
"The Gospel is not weight, it's wings. It carries us."-Sister Stevens
"The miracle of the atonement can fix any imperfections in our performance."-Bishop Stevenson
"We never need to be alone."-Elder Bednar 
"Love is the essence of the gospel."-President Monson
All of those were from Sunday morning, however I loved the whole conference!
It was a great week and another busy one ahead! I love you all and hope you are all working on obtaining a copy of Preach My Gospel! I am excited to hear the thoughts you receive during your studies! :)
love,
Sister Abbie
1. Elevating my foot during planning
2. missionaries definitely stand out...




No comments:

Post a Comment