Monday, September 30, 2013

Fish

"sis. vidmar sis knight sis gil and me! The sisters of the Fishers District and apt. 12188!"


Hello Everybody!

So you are probably wondering why my email is titled "Fish". And I will tell you! If you know me, you will know that I do not eat fish. I don't like the fishy smell and all that. So we go to our dinner appointment on Wednesday night at a part member families house and what is for dinner? Fish. Being a missionary we are encouraged to eat the food unless you are allergic or something. So I ate it. Starting small with one tiny piece of course and guess what! I didn't hate it! This man made really good Talapia (I'm new...I don't know fish spellings)...I even had a second piece!!!! It was an exciting night!

Also on Wednesday night, we had a lesson with a new investigator Becky. She is awesome and we are super excited to teach her some more! She is about 40 and has 2 kids. She is the neighbor of our primary president so we've been teaching in her home. Becky has so many questions about Joseph Smith and why we need a modern day prophet. She is also curious why she can't "go to Temple" as she said it. She is mostly just lacking the solid knowledge on her part because she can see why we believe in a prophet and why you need a recommend to go into the temple, but she studied theology for 8 years and questions everything! Which is a challenge sometimes but this week we are going to start from the beginning and hopefully that will clear some stuff up!

We met with Sister Dewald on Saturday and she told us that she isn't going to be baptized. :( We are still pretty sad about that but her reasons have nothing to do with the doctrine, it is all just the physical pains and what not she feels right now. So I really believe that one day she will accept this gospel. It may not be in this lifetime as we would have liked, but I think it will happen.
So we have transfer calls on Sunday! I am excited and also nervous to see what happens! Since I will be done with training, anything could happen! I will let you all know next week what is going to happen to little Sister London! :) Enjoy your conference weekend and the great opportunity to listen to our prophet and apostles! I am super excited!
love you all!

-Sister London

No comments:

Post a Comment