Monday, September 9, 2013

A New Investigator

Hi y'all!

So this week, we got a new investigator!!! He is awesome! He is a pastor in a non-denominational church but he did not want to bash at all! He came into the lesson with an open heart and an open mind, really wanting to understand what we believe! He had questions about the Book of Mormon and the Bible and was surprised when we showed him in Ezekiel 37 how the Book of Mormon is mentioned! He really has a desire to read the Book of Mormon and learn more. The only problem is that he coaches basketball, I think for little kids as well as high school, and has try-outs the next couple of weeks. So it will be a little while before we get to have another lesson with him. He is golden though! It will be good because it will give him time to start reading the Book of Mormon. He wants to have started reading before we meet again. 

Our other investigators haven't really been getting back to us. Our old lady investigator is just really afraid of change and is not sure if baptism is right for her. We know it is but agency is key. We have stressed over and over again the importance of making this decision based upon her and Heavenly Father. She is so worried about what her family and friends will say about it though and has been factoring them in as excuses. We just need to be patient. Everything happens in the Lords time. That is definitely something that I have come to understand more since I have been out. Everything is based on the Lords time table...which isn't always easy for us to understand. It is always better in the end however! We had a fireside last night that is held on the second Sunday of every month and she was able to come! It was perfect too because there was a speaker who shared her conversion story and it is almost EXACTLY what Sister Dewald is going through! It was great! I hope she was able to hear it all because it could definitely help her! I will keep you posted! 

This week I did something drastic...I cut my hair! I asked for about and inch and a half off but I think it was more like 2 inches. Which is okay because I love it! It is hard to get used to but is cute and cut clean. On of the members in the ward has a non-member daughter in cosmetology school and needs credit hours. So Sister Knight and I volunteered our hair for the greater good! It was great because we got to get to know the daughter better and give her a positive vibe of missionaries. She has had bad experiences with Sisters in the past. We were also able to talk about missionary work to her fellow students! It was great and for a student, she did a great job! 

It has been such a great week as always and I love the work! Indiana is getting all fally with the many leaves starting to change! It is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you are all well and I love and miss you all! I encourage you all to seek out missionary opportunities everyday. Pray for those. Missionary work is impossible without the help of the members. I can promise you that blessings will come from this! Have an awesome week! 

Love, 
Sister London

 Before the haircut....

After the haircut...

1 comment:

  1. I love the hair cut and think it looks good. Also great to hear a little about the missionary work in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete