Monday, October 7, 2013

Another 6 Weeks in Fishers

The Fishers Sisters wishing you all a "Happy Halloween!"
Hello All!!!

So we got transfer calls last night, and can I just say that I was so nervous I thought I was going to pee my skirt! But all is well and I am pretty sure we were the first ones called. Calls start being made at 9:30 and that is when we got our call. So I will be staying here in Fishers for another 6 weeks and Sister Knight will be transferred. I am sad to see her go, but am ready and excited for a little change. That's what mission life is.

This week has been good. Nothing too exciting going on. I got a nice call this week from the mission office telling me that there was someone that was friends with my dad when he was here that wanted to take me and Sister Knight out to lunch, so I called them back and it was the Overmeyer's. They were close with my dad when he was in Muncie, so on Thursday they came down and took us to lunch! It was a fun time! They brought me some pictures of my dad when he was here 35 years ago!!! It was awesome and Doug and Bobbi are just great!  We had a lot of member lessons this week, so we went and taught some of the members the Restoration or Plan of Salvation. President Cleveland is really pushing us to get into members homes to teach, which is good because if you listened to General Conference this weekend you may have caught a similar push on members and missionaries working together! It is an exciting time in missionary work and in church growth in general! 15 Million members!!!!!! I love it! It is really just a fantastic time in church history and we are all a part of it!

So I loved watching conference! All of the talks were so inspired! I got so much out of conference. One of my favorite speakers this year was Elder Dube of the Seventy. I really liked his talk on never looking back. In missionary work that is an important thing to remember! There are so many people that do not get baptized and it is so hard not to look back and dwell on why that is. But by doing that, we are missing the people who are ready! Do not live in the past! I also enjoyed the quote, "Doubt your doubt before you doubt your fears." As the Walmart greeter here told one of the Elders, "When fear is tolerated, faith is contaminated." Don't let your fears or your past get you down!

Sorry it wasn't as exciting this week, we still had lots of fun here in Fishers though! I love you all and would love to hear from you all too! Since I am staying in Fishers, that means my address won't change for at least another month and a half!

-Sister London

 After our yummy lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment