Monday, January 27, 2014

Nothing Too Exciting....

Hey y'all!

Sorry this weeks email will be a little boring....it was a slow week for us here in the Highland area. We had some more nasty cold weather and are on track for some even more nasty cold weather this week. However, we have a car and don't have to walk in the cold like some Elders do, so can't complain about that! 

We had a lot of our lessons cancel on us this week...most of our lessons cancel. It was rough but we did our best to stay positive and diligent, which payed off at the end of the week! 

On Wednesday, we had interviews with President Cleveland. Those went well, I passed! Haha no but seriously, I love interviews! We are doing some really cool things as a mission to try to increase finding. Every quarter, President comes out with a Mission Training Plan that we use in all of our meetings. It is different study topics from PMG and the Fundamentals that he feels will best help lift the mission. This Sunday we will be doing a mission wide fast for finding. It will be a really cool experience! I am excited to get to better prepare for that this coming week! 

As I said before, during the week it was a little slower and harder to teach people. We were able to find a little more success on Saturday! It was quite the day! We started off the day with our cars being grounded, meaning that we weren't allowed to drive them. We had planned to be in the farther part of our area, which didn't happen because it wouldn't have been wise to try and walk there. Instead we tried to be creative with our finding approach and try to contact people on the bus...tried being the key word. They weren't too interested and no one really liked us talking to them. But hey, at least we know now that it isn't very productive here! We visited with a recent convert and read to Book of Mormon with her. She is awesome and super funny! We will be eating dinner with her Friday (Jan. 31....aka my Birthday!!!) I am excited! Then we were able to have a lesson with one of our investigators who we hadn't been able to meet with yet. We talked to her about the crazy things that have been going on with her and read some of Mosiah 24 with her. She committed to come to church but didn't show up. :( We should be meeting with her again tonight. Later that night, we had a lesson with a guy name Joseph. He is really cool! He has a desire to learn about what we believe because he doesn't know really what it is that we do believe. We had a member come with us and she was just the best! It was perfect. She ended up answering most of her questions and was able to feel a joy in sharing the gospel that she hasn't really been able to feel before! We talked to Joseph about a lot of different things because he had lots of questions. We left him with the Restoration pamphlet and will be teaching him from that tomorrow night! Woot woot! 

Sister Jones and I spoke in church yesterday. We talked about prayer. She did really good and I think I did alright. I felt like my thoughts were a little scattered but for the most part I think it made sense. We were able to make contact with a less-active and an investigator for the first time since I've been here! We will be seeing the investigator again later this week and the less-active told us that she feels like coming back to church again! So that is really exciting! 

Like I said, not too exciting but this week is in store for some great times....Birthweeks always bring good things! I hope you are all still praying for missionary opportunities and are acting on those! Blessings will come! I love you all!


-Sister Abbie London


We had a sports themed District Meeting this week! Which meant that we wore sports stuff. So I brought my whistle and wore stripes and tennis shoes. We are very creative...it was a good time!  


This is the super awesome watch that I got this week from Sister Falkner! Thanks Sister Falkner! I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment