Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy February!

Hello y'all! 

I hope you had a good week last week, I know I sure did! It was a good week of missionary work and Birthday celebrations! (It is me we are talking about...of course I made everyone celebrate!) We will start out at the beginning of the week with District Meeting on Tuesday!

So we do themed district meetings here (they are awesome!) On Tuesday we had Birthday themed district meeting...for Sister London! Because it was Birthweek, it obviously needed to be birthday themed! Even better was that it was a combined district meeting with the Bloomington District, so there were 16 missionaries at my Birthday Party...I mean district meeting...opps! Haha anyways it was fun and they gave me a "Happy Birthday" balloon to wear on my wrist and sang hymn #215 1/2...it was Happy Birthday! It was fun, but the best part was the training we received from the 2 District Leaders. They were so great and really helped me get pumped about the work! One was on teaching with the Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet and the other was on fulfilling our individual roles as missionaries. We all have specific roles or reasons why we were called to this mission. Some are here to plant seeds, some are here to baptize, whatever your role is, you need to work your hardest to try and fulfill that role! It really helped me feel better about the work I have been doing here! Even though I've been out for 7 months and haven't had a baptism doesn't mean that I am a "bad" missionary. It just means that maybe my role right now isn't to baptize! It was a great training! 

On Wednesday, we had exchanges! So Sister Jones went to Campus and I stayed in Highland with Sister Nieman! We had a great day and did go up to campus a little bit to try and PC but everyone was either too cold or in class, so we weren't out there long! It felt weird to be on a campus again...I liked it! We had a great miracle happen that night as we taught 2 of our investigators. Chris and Amber are awesome! We have been teaching them in a members home who they are friends with. They both have committed to be baptized, but on Wednesday they committed to a date! They are on date right now to be baptized on April 19! We are super excited to work with them more and to help them along this path towards their Heavenly Father! 

My Birthday was Friday! It was just a normal missionary day. Appointments fell through and not everyone wanted to listen to us. However, it was my birthday so it was a great day! We started off by doing some service and then ordered Burritos from Taco Rocket....it is a place that delivers! So we had our burritos delivered! It was awesome! We took some people cupcakes with the cake mix my family sent! That was good and helped us get into some people's homes. People are more inclined to let you in when there is food involved! We had dinner with an awesome member, Sister Frick! It was a good day and ended with a 10 pm cookie delivery sent by Colie! That was a fun surprise! It was a good day! 

We fasted as a mission this week to find people. It was such a great experience and I know that so many great miracles are going to come from it! We have already met some pretty cool people the last couple of days! I love this work and love being a missionary! These Hoosiers are the best! I definitely enjoyed being in Bloomington for my 20th Birthday because missionary work is just the greatest! I love you all! Thank you for your love and support!

-Sister Abbie London, the 20 year old!


Birthday themed district meeting 


Cool mailbox we saw the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment