Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Transfer!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and were able to spend some time finding Christ in Christmas! I know that I sure did! It was just wonderful to be a missionary at Christmas time! I was able to focus so much more on my Savior and the wonderful gift that He has given me! It was a wonderful day and we were shown so much love from all the great members here in the Indianapolis 1st Ward!
So....with the new year comes a new transfer, and for me a new transfer brings a new companion and a new area! Yep, that's right, I am leaving Indy and headed off into the great unknown of Indiana! I am headed off for "bigger and better things" as President Cleveland told me, whatever that means! I get the feeling that they will be sending me to the middle of nowhere Indiana, but hey! If that is where I am needed, I will gladly go! I always am down for a new adventure!
The biggest news of the week however is Marybeth! Marybeth is our new investigator!!!!!!!! She is awesome  and it was really cool how we came to start teaching her! She is a friend of a less-active member who we have been working with. This less-active invited her friend to stay for our lesson! #awesome!!! (yes, I still use hashtag's!) So we read Alma 36-37 with them and Marybeth just loved the Book of Mormon! She told us how interesting it was and how she is excited to read it! She is so prepared and by the time we left that lesson, we basically had our next lesson planned! It was such a cool experience! She told us that her daughter met with sisters before and over the years she has had missionaries come to her door. After our lesson with her, she kept saying how she wished she would have met with us sooner! She grew up Catholic but by the time she was a teenager, she felt like she didn't really belong anywhere. She has talked with people from lots of different churches but has never talked with missionaries from our church before. It is seriously the perfect set up! She is really good friends with this less-active. This could be exactly what the LA needs to get back to church! They are the perfect fellowship for one another! We meet with them again on Tuesday, so I am very happy that I get to have one more lesson with them!
It has been such a good week and transfer! I am so glad that I have been able to serve in this ward, with these amazing members and missionaries! I am so lucky to be a missionary!
I love you all and hope 2014 brings you lots of joy and happiness!
Love,
Sister Abbie London


The Indy 1 district!


No comments:

Post a Comment