Monday, August 4, 2014

Greencastle!


Hello!
Hi everyone! So I have been transferred to the Greencastle Branch! My new companion is Sister McCombs! She has been out for almost a year, meaning she came out the transfer after me! Greencastle is a tiny little town....like really tiny! It is the smallest town that I have ever lived in...I haven't lived many places but it is small! I like it though! It has a cute little small town feel that I imagine Stars Hollow would feel like! Depauw University is in Greencastle so I am pretty excited for school to start here in the next couple of weeks! The branch is pretty awesome, it is strange being in branch instead of a ward...I'm not used to such a small congregation. It is fun though! We have a set of Elders who are also in the branch so we aren't completely exiled...just a little bit! Greencastle is actually fairly close to my old ward in Terre Haute! We are in a different stake so I won't really get to go down there until some of the people we were working with get baptized.
I haven't really gotten to meet too many of the investigators that we have here yet but most of them are out of town. There is a lot of work to do here, none of the gators are showing much potential or willingness to progress. So we will need to do a lot of finding! Yay! I am excited! Let's see....nothing super exciting or funny has happened since I have gotten here...
It was very bittersweet leaving Terre Haute! It was such a great area and ward and I was very sad to leave. My last 2 days there were mostly spent visiting members and teaching some gators one last time. I miss Terre Haute but know that I did all that I was supposed to do there. A new adventure awaits with new laughter and new trials. Come what may and love it!
So the bugs here in Indiana just love me! For some reason I am just too sweet and they keep coming back for more...it happened last summer too but it is annoying! I had gotten a lot of bites last month in Terre Haute but they all healed and stopped itching and the bugs seemed to be sick of me. Then I got transferred and the new bugs were excited to find some fresh blood....I have probably at least 20 bites on my legs. The itch so bad!!!!!!!!!!! I have some bug spray now and am going to make it hard for these pesky little suckers to eat me! I'm not gonna let them win that easy!
Well...sorry it is a really lame email...I wish I had more exciting things to write about this week...but sometimes, mission life is pretty uneventful! I love you all and would love to hear from you!
love,
Sister Abbie London

1. Me and Sis McCombs
2. might be hard to see...but it is all my bites. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment