Monday, August 25, 2014

Baptized Like the Early Days...

Hello lovely family and friends!
How are you all on this fine Monday afternoon! I hope it is fine where ever you are, as for me in Indiana it is hot and muggy out there so we try to stay in the AC! :) So this week was just wonderful for a lot of reasons! The first being that on Saturday at 1:00 it was baptism time!!!!!!!! Woot woot! Yep, Cameron, Bree, and Emma were all baptized on Saturday in the creek by their house! It was such a cool experience! It was really hot and humid out there and there were big bugs flying around, but it was such a great day! They were all super excited and after the baptism Emma and Bree, who are 11 and 10, went back in the creek to go swim! It was really funny! i love being able to see people make this step along the path! It is such a wonderful thing to witness and the spirit is just so strong there. As they were being baptized it made me think back to the early days of the church when everyone was baptized in creeks and rivers and lakes. I had a nice time reflecting back on how much things have changed since then and how much the church has grown since then! This really is such a great work and I am so lucky to be able to be a part of it now and for the rest of my life. Being on my mission has helped me see the importance of always sharing the gospel even without wearing a name tag in Indiana! We all have so much we can do to help those we love come and see the truthfulness of the gospel!
We had some crazy rain this week! There were many storms throughout the week and then on Saturday evening, the biggest one hit! It was crazy! We were really happy that it hit after the baptism seeing as it flooded most of the streets in Greencastle! We were in a members house talking and eating cake and were about to share a message when we noticed how dark it had gotten outside. Then the thunder started and we saw the lightning begin to light up the sky! It was pretty cool but the member told us we needed to leave before it got worse....so we didn't even get to teach her! Haha it was raining pretty hard when we opened the door and our umbrella's were in the car, so she ran back in and came out with a cowboy hat for me to wear and a cloth hat for Sis McCombs! We drove home to drop something off and were going to teach more people before dinner but as we drove we noticed how much water was in the road so we went home and ran inside! We were almost soaked by the time we got in the apartment so we decided to go play in it for a quick minute! It was so much fun! It was very relaxing and fun to be able to run around in the rain and jump in a couple of puddles...we went inside when we heard the loud cracks of thunder again though and enjoyed the rest of the storm inside! It was a fun adventure!

This weekend was a week of teaching for me! I was asked to give a training in district meetingon Friday, had to teach Relief Society yesterday, and will be teaching the adult FHE group tonight. It was pretty fun to be able to learn so much about the different topics I was assigned!On Friday my training was on finding and I focused on finding through faith, with confidence. It was a really good meeting because all 3 of the trainings seemed to flow together very nicely and it was a very inspired meeting! One of my favorite district meetings yet! The lesson in Relief Society yesterday was "The Cost-and Blessings- of Discipleship" by Elder Holland. I really enjoyed being able to teach that lesson as I have had many experiences within the last couple months that have helped me better understand what it means to be a disciple of Christ. I think it went well. It was strange though since the Relief Society in the branch consisted of 9 women yesterday...it was very small. I liked it though! Definitely lots of experiences to teach as a missionary! I feel like I have learned so much just in the past 3 days! :)
Other than that, my week was pretty routine. Met lots of people who didn't want to listen. Talked to some strong Catholics and Baptists...semi friendly but not interested in listening other than trying to compare. We did some service and ate some food with people. We got a couple new potential investigators that we will be meeting with this week. I think the most exciting thing is that classes at DePauw University start up this week so the students are all headed back into town! I am excited to personal contact on campus and find some new people there! College life in this town is definitely very different than it is in Utah, we will just leave it at that. haha!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! I would LOVE to hear from you though out the week! My address is
501 Elm St. Apt 1
Greencastle, IN 46135
love, 
Sister Abbie London
1. Baptism time!
2. swimming after
3. Playing in the rain
4. Playing cowgirl




No comments:

Post a Comment