Monday, November 25, 2013

A Whole New World

Hello Everyone!
I hope you have all had a good week! I know that I have! So, I am sure you are all wondering where Sister London has ended up?! Well, I am now serving in the Indianapolis 1st Ward with Sister Jeffery. We are reopening the area to sisters, so we were double transferred in, which really stressed me out at first! I am more calm now since I have been able to meet some of the ward members and have become a little more comfortable with the area. I named this a whole new world because that is exactly what it is...I feel like I am in a completely different world than I was in last week. When people told me Fishers was a bubble I thought they were joking...nope it is a bubble! I mean I am technically still serving in a city but it is completely different! I really like the area so far!
We are working with lots of less-actives, or at least the sisters here 6 weeks ago were. So that is where we have kind of started here. Meeting with ward leaders, visiting less-actives, and just trying to get in some sort of contact with the investigators that the sisters were teaching. It is definitely hard work and is going to take a lot of patience and diligence to get the work back up. I am excited for the challenge however and am enjoying the experience!
Sister Jeffery is pretty awesome! She is 22 and from Mountain Home Idaho. She has a very calming personality, which has helped me become a little less stressed about the area. She is tall but most people are tall compared to me. I have enjoyed getting to know her better the last couple of days and can tell that we are going to have a good time together over the next 6 weeks.
So Wednesday was a very crazy day! That was the day of transfer meeting. All of the missionaries in the mission except for 40 were in attendance. The majority of areas were double transferred and it was a very exciting meeting with the creation of 12 new zones! Funny story time! President was going through and giving the new assignments. How he does it is he says the area and then says the new companionship. So he is up there and says "Serving in Indy 1.2, Sister London serving with Elder...(everyone laughing or "ohing", with me standing there laughing but really nervous because he still hasn't said my companion yet)...well that is one way for me to get sent home early." It was something along those lines that he said, but it was pretty funny! Now the other missionaries either ask how it felt to almost be put with an Elder or they ask if I was the one that almost got put with an Elder! It was funny! So I am glad that I am not companions with an Elder!
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving this week! I love you all! My new address is:

8622 Hay Meadow Ct. Apt F
Indianapolis, IN 46227
love,
Sister Abbie London

PS I don't know where to plug my camera in on this computer so if I figure it out I'll send a picture of me and sister Jeffery...I'm very confused right now...

Luckily she figured it out-Abbie and Sister Jeffrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment