Monday, November 18, 2013

New Adventures

Hello Everybody!!!

So this is it....I am being transferred! I have spent the last 4 1/2 months here in Fishers and now it is time to move on to experience new adventures and new areas! I knew I would be leaving here and am excited for this opportunity to gain more experiences and to learn and grow into a better missionary. I don't know where I will be headed yet. I'll find out on Wednesday at transfer meeting, which is going to be the biggest transfer the mission has ever had because 5 new zones are being added to the mission. President said 180 of the missionaries (over half) will be at transfer meeting! I am excited to be a part of this! 

So this week has been amazing and a little crazy! To start off, last Tuesday we met with an investigator Becky! She is so awesome! I just love her to death! I think she is the reason why I was here in Fishers...anyway, our lessons with her are always so great! She has such a sincere desire to learn and understand what we believe! She has a hard time understanding why we need a prophet and how he becomes a prophet but she said that she believes in Joseph Smith and in the Book of Mormon so prophets will come soon enough! We invited her to church and she would have come...but more on that later! We meet with her again tomorrow before I leave so I can get a chance to teach her one last time. We want to watch Pres. Monson's talk from the Relief Society broadcast with her and then maybe do the first vision as well. She is amazing!

So this weekend was crazy! Well, mostly yesterday was so crazy! To start off, we were at the church in a meeting yesterday. Our ward was supposed to have a linger longer after church. So we are in this meeting when the bishop starts talking about how we should maybe cancel the linger longer because of the nasty storm that is supposed to come through the area around 4:00. After some discussion with the ward council, they decided to just monitor the weather and the tornado warnings and then play it by ear. Then there is a knock on the door and the bishop from the 2nd ward tells us how the Westfield ward cancelled their sacrament meeting because of the storm and that he is sending his ward home. So here we are...sitting in the bishop's office 40 minutes before church starts trying to figure out what to do. Sister Francis, The Elders, and I all think this is kind of cool. Tornado's coming through Fishers...that never happens! They decided to cancel church, so I didn't get to go on my last Sunday here! That is also why Becky wasn't able to come to church. The worst part was that we didn't get to take the sacrament. I never really truly understood the importance of the sacrament until my mission and I am so sad we didn't get it. 

The cool part of that story happens now! We didn't have any back up plans for church because...hello, it's church why would you need them....so we decided to contact this referral we had gotten. We go over and it looks like no one is home and then the light turns on! We go in and meet April. She is awesome! Her fiance referred her because he was baptized in Denver a year and a half ago and just loves the church and wants to one day be sealed to her. She has had a pretty rough life but feels like she has been led down this path to Jonah her whole life! We talked and she felt the spirit during that lesson! As we taught most of the first lesson, we felt like we needed to invite her to baptism on Dec. 14. She was so excited and wants to be baptized then! We told her to still pray about it, but she is so ready to accept this gospel! She has felt the love of God in her life and wants to continue to feel the warm influence of the Holy Ghost! I am so glad that I was able to teach her at least once before I leave. I am sad however that I will not continue to be able to teach her but I know that there is a reason we found her now and not 4 1/2 months ago. 

So we were leaving April and Jonah's and heard this alarm going off....yep, it was the Tornado warnings. It was strange because we heard this and were looking at blue sky with white fluffy clouds on one side and dark storm clouds on the other. So we went and hid out at a members until the alarms stopped. Our dinner appointment told us how there was a small tornado up in the northern part of Hamilton County (our county here) so the alarm went off in the whole county until it passed. This happened at around 4:00, so there could have been church but everything worked out. It was a pretty exciting day. The funniest part was that when the alarms were going off there was barely any wind and then at like 7:00 it was 10 times windier than before! It was funny! 

It has been a great week and I am excited for this next week! Tune in next week to find out where Sister London will go next! Love you all!! 

-Sister Abbie London


We raked leaves again this week...for the same lady as last time...another big pile to jump in. The Elders thought it would be funny to rake sister Francis and I up in the pile so this is me surrounded by leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment