Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hoosier Holiday

Howdy y'all!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did! This week has been really good! We have met a lot more of the members and have been working with less actives. We have slowly been making our way around the ward, I still get lost a lot however. I can find our way home from a couple streets though, which is good!
Our Thanksgiving consisted of weekly planning in the morning, followed by doing some of the normal Monday activites such as cleaning the apartment and the car. At 2:00 we went to this members house for Thanksgiving. It was them and then Sister Jeffery and I. The smallest Thanksgiving I have ever been too! I think it was the first time that I have seen the Turkey carved at the table! It was definitely a different Thanksgiving than I was used to but it was very nice! I really enjoyed spending that time getting to know these members! The food was good and I was so stuffed I thought I would never be able to eat again...and then they brought out the fresh apple pie and ice cream. I thought I would explode! I didn't though so life's good! We talked about the different things we are grateful for and it was awesome to see how many different aspects of the gospel that I am thankful for! It truly is such a blessing to me in my life! I am so blessed to be a missionary!
On Saturday, we went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders. We blitzed our area, which means both companionships stayed in Indy 1, which was awesome because it allowed Sister Jeffery and I to get more work done and to see more of the area! It was a day of miracle! We both had 3 other lessons, exceeding our weekly goal of 5. We picked up 2 new investigators and were able to get in contact with one of the investigators that the previous sisters were teaching. It was awesome! I want to share one cool experience. So every week we do service at this thrift store called Humble Impressions. The owner had recently lost her step-son and has just been through a lot. So Sister Saunders and I are trying a less-active on Saturday morning. She was sick and wasn't able to come talk to us. So Sister Saunders suggest that we try some of the neighbors to see if they are interested. We knock on the door to the right of this less-active and the lady who opens the door is the owner of the store. It was the day of the memorial for her son and we were able to go in and talk to her about how Heavenly Father has comforted her thoughout her life. We left her with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and ended up having a really good chat with her. It was such a testimony builder that there are people everywhere that need to be comforted in some way and this gospel will do that. It was one of the many miracles I saw that day!
I love you all and hope that you all have a great week! 2 Nephi 32:3! Read it!
Love,
Sister London!


Abbie and Sis Saunders taking cool pictures on exchanges

No comments:

Post a Comment