Monday, October 14, 2013

Transfer 3

Abbie and Sister Francis
Howdy Ya'll!

I'm not really in the south, but sometimes it is just fun to act like it! So this week I started my 3rd transfer out in Indiana! Crazy, right?!?! Anyways, that means that I am done with being trained and am now with a new companion! Her name is Sister Francis. She has been on her mission for 4 1/2 months, which means she came out the transfer before me!!!!! There are so many exclamation points because that is rare! They usually put a new missionary with an older missionary, but because the mission is becoming so young now, they are switching it up! Some of the Elders I came out with are companions with other Elders that came out with us! It is so great to see the hastening of the work! Sister Francis and I are very similar! We both love pink, Disney, and Chick-fil-A!!!! There are many more similarities but we are on limited time, so stay tuned! 
This week has been great! We started off the week by going bowling last Monday with the Fishers district before 3 of the missionaries got transferred! It was really fun even though my ball spent more time in the gutter than on the lane...but let's just say, without my 61 points, Fishers 1 would have lost to Fishers 2 by 62 points...so yeah...I kind of rock it! We had a lesson with an investigator, Becky, Monday night! It went so great and the spirit was so strong! It was a great lesson! We spent most of Tuesday going to various members homes so Sis. Knight could say bye.Wednesday we went to transfer meeting and then spent the majority of the day getting Sis. Francis familiar with the area. We were supposed to have a lesson with Amber on Thursday night however, she had to cancel. :( So It has been probably a month since we have been able to have an actual lesson with her...not good. We will keep trying though. I know that she is still interested, she is too solid not to be! We spent most of the weekend trying people except on Saturday night we were able to get a lesson with an investigator! The absolute best part of the week was yesterday though!! Sacrament meeting was so great for a couple different reasons! First, Becky came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is only the 2nd time that I have had an investigator attend sacrament meeting! She wants to keep coming too! Woot woot!!!! Another reason it was so great was because of the talks. All 3 speakers spoke on charity but all had such a different approach. They shared different experiences and told different stories, but they all tied together and the spirit was sooooooooo strong! I am so blessed to be serving in this ward for another 5 weeks! I love Fishers! We had a missionary fireside last night, which was also amazing! The spirit is so strong there as well! It is a testimony meeting where recent converts share their conversion stories! It is my favorite time of the month! 

Life in Indiana is great! Like I said, I am still loving Fishers. The work is hard and it is probably one of the more difficult areas but it is great! I have learned so much in the short 3 months that I've been here! I hope you all are doing well! Know that I love you! 

-Sister London

Fishers family bowling

No comments:

Post a Comment