Monday, July 22, 2013

Fishers Indiana

Sister London pointing to her mission
 Hey Everyone!

My first area is Fishers Indiana! It is pretty close to the mission office and home, I think. I think it is the town next to Carmel. I am in the Fishers first ward with my companion Sister Knight! She is amazing and has an amazing testimony! But I'm getting ahead of myself so let's go back to Tues.

I was the only sister on my flight to Indiana with about 30 Elders! The visa waiters were on a diff flight so it was nice to get to the airport and have sis Cleveland waiting. We spent that night in the Mission Home with the sisters up in the rooms and the Elders down stairs. We had a welcome testimony type meeting where we all shared our testimonies and Pres. Cleveland spoke to us. A basketball story about touching all the lines was what he told us, so that is kind of his mission motto I guess. I like it a lot and it's been helping me! Wednesday was the transfer meeting where I met sis knight and we then went to lunch with some of the other Sisters. We had another meeting and then the sisters in the Fishers 2nd ward came and picked us up because we share a car with them. So we bike one day and then drive the next. We have some bikes that ward members have donated and I am going to have awesome leg muscles from all this biking! We biked for only 3 hours last night and I think we went like 5 miles. It was crazy and I felt like I would die at times but there were some angels around helping me peddle. I could feel them as I went! We have mostly been trying to find potentials here. We have taught one lesson to an investigator and that's it. We don't have any progressing investigators yet and many of our investigators don't get back to us so we can't schedule an appointment. It is exciting though and I love it here so far!


Sister Knight is from Cali and she is short!!! Shorter than me, which is not something you see everyday! She has an amazing spirit and is so great! She is the youngest in her family and lives with her mom. The 2 sisters that live with us are sis Barrett and sis Vidmar. They are super funny and great as well! When we are home, it's always a party! 


Sis. Knight and Sis. London
One of the less-actives we visited last week is from Sandy. She was really good friends with Katie Wright(the one in our ward) in high school. Her name now is Ashley Sylvia, I don't know her maiden name though. 

The ward here is fantastic! We have had a dinner apt every night since I've been here and the sister in charge of scheduling those makes sure we are taken care of because then it's one less thing that our mothers have to worry about! 


I would love to get some letters and maybe even a welcome package from you! Especially letters though, because it's hard to read all your emails and have enough time to respond to all of them. If you send a package through the mission home though, make sure it's express or priority mail because then they can forward it on to me. If it's just a regular mail, they wait until someone is coming this way or until the next zone meeting. Speaking of that, the Indy North Stake (which I'm in) is getting a new stake pres. next month and Elder Holland is the one coming to do that! So he will be at our stake conference! i don't think he is doing anything with the missionaries but i hope he does! That would be way cool! I am so excited for that stake conference! They aren't having it at the stake center though because they want to make sure there's enough room for everyone. It will be at Butler Stadium. It will be a really cool experience! 


Um I don't really know what else to tell you because I can't remember all the questions you asked....hopefully i answered them all. If not write me a letter with them so I have more time to read it!
Oh and family, will you please send me some of the family pictures and just some other pictures? I miss your faces and want to have some pics to look at! Love you all!!


-Sister London

Sister London's MTC District

Some of Abbie's SUU friends at the MTC
Another friend from SUU, who is serving in Indiana while she waits for her visa

Sister London's favorite picture at the MTC
A sunset in Indiana 

No comments:

Post a Comment