Friday, July 5, 2013

At the MTC

Friday July 5, 2013
(The first e-mail we received from Sister London)

So far, I am the only sister that I know of going to Indiana. There might be more somewhere who just had to learn English first. I don't know. My companions are both going to Des Moines Iowa, as well as 4 Elders in my district and all of another district is going there as well. The Elders in the picture are in my district. The five of us are going to Indiana and the 6 others are Iowa.
The missionaries who will be serving in Indiana
We watched the fireworks last night after the program. The program they had for us was real quick but then they let us watch 17 Miracles! It was so cool and I found a couple of little quotes from the movie that I think will help me a lot. I realized again how important faith is. All of the pioneers had such great faith! They are such a great example of faith. Even though we don't have to trek across America, we need to have that level of faith so that in case anything came our way, we would be able to jump completely into it!

They keep us so busy here! There is a lot of study time but it is hard to figure out what to study! They tell us so many different things to study but we don't have enough time to get it all done! The typical schedule here is 6:30 AM wake up 7:15 breakfast, then we usually have some study time before class and then classroom instruction. Lunch, study time, classroom instruction. I think I get gym time 4 or 5 times while I'm here starting tomorrow, I think. We get 55 minutes of gym time. I am excited to go play volleyball and hopefully I can get my companions to come play soccer with me!

Sister London and her companions-Sister Nye and Sister Geiger
Since we don't get temple time today and also next week, I think we will probably take a quick nap. It is odd because we have so much afternoon time open because there's no temple time. Today we had to wake up a little earlier to get to the laundry room and then we got breakfast and went to the bookstore. I had forgotten workout pants so I needed some gym shorts. Then we went back to the room and showered! It was nice to shower at 9:00 instead of 6:30! We had personal study time and I read in Alma about Korihor and when he was struck dumb! It made me chuckle a bit because he really was just saying he believed in order to speak again.. which is not good. Making God angry is not good! We then ate lunch and now here we are! We have class time later tonight where we teach a lesson to this progressive investigator we have. It is really one of our teachers who is being an investigator, but they say that it is really cool and they are really good at it! I am excited to see how it goes!

I have seen some people I know around, which has been fun! I miss you all and love you all! My time is really up now so I hope to have many emails to read from you next Friday!

Love, Sister London
"super excited about the name tag"

No comments:

Post a Comment