Sunday, December 14, 2014

Oldest Sister

Hello Everyone!
It has been an interesting week here in the land of the blessed aka Greencastle Indiana! A new transfer started last week, meaning it is my last one. Along with the new transfer, I became the oldest (longest out) Sister Missionary in the mission, except for Sister Cleveland...she's got 3 weeks on me! It has been so weird to think that this is my last transfer. People ask me how much longer I have and 5 weeks just sounds so strange. I am excited to be able to be out here for such a wonderful time though! There is so much excitement going around the mission with He is the Gift and shooting to reach our mission goal of 400 baptisms for the year of 2014! I am so lucky and blessed to be a missionary at such a great time and hope that these next few weeks will be just as exciting and meaningful and all the previous ones have been! :)
So this week was kind of a slow week. We had a pretty fun p-day last week, just eating food and playing games at the church! Since on the the Elders got transferred, we got to eat dinner at some of our favorite places which is always wonderful! :) It seems like lots of our people were sick this week so we had some trouble getting to meet with them. When winter comes, everything starts to travel from place to place and inflict people with the nasty flus and colds and whatnot. I am hopeful that all the crap I had is gone for good and we won't have to worry about that anymore. We did have a pretty good scripture study with Hanah this week. She is the less-active who is really skilled in make-up stuff and gave us the acid burns a while ago! Things are going well with her and we are really enjoying being able to go over every week and read the Book of Mormon with her. The Book of Mormon is such a wonderful tool and helps us so much, sometimes with out realizing it!  It was pretty cool also this week in some of our lessons with less-active members who are also a part of part member families! We had 2 lessons where the non member joined us and sat with us the whole lesson with the member! It was so awesome and they were pretty open to talk with us. I am not sure if anything will come from it yet but just the contact is progress in itself! It is great!
We tracted and did normal missionary things this week. We met a cool potential who was kind of skeptical and not super open but agreed to let us come back. We started talking to him about He is the Gift and the conversation led to talking about the atonement. He kept saying how he can't be forgiven since he is a bad dude or a bad seed, but I think he felt something as we testified about the power the atonement has. We gave him a card and mentioned something about church and he said, "well I am an adult and haven't gone to church yet, what makes yours so different?" The golden question that everyone wants to be asked! Sadly he didn't have much more time so we didn't get to share the restoration with him but we were able to bear strong testimony of the truths that have been brought back! I know I felt the spirit and I am hopeful that we will be able to meet with him again soon and teach him more about this amazing gospel!
We also were able to get in contact with our investigator Natalie and have a lesson with her! That was great! She is awesome and really wants to be baptized. We are working things out right now to try and figure out who should teach her though and how to work everything out since she lives in the Plainfield boundaries during the week and in our boundaries on the weekend. Hopefully it can be handled smoothly and calmly...we will see though. Anyways, life is good! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! :)
love,
Sister Abbie Paige
P.S. I sucked at taking pictures this week...but I took some random ones of my Christmas stuff around the apartment! So...you can see my Christmas desk and the awesome advent tree my family sent! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment