Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy 2015!

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to start off by wishing you the best of these last days of 2014 and the happiest of 2015! :) I hope your year is full of wonderful, exciting things!
Well, looking back on the year 2014, it was absolutely the best year of my life so far! I am so grateful for the year full of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and serving him! It has truly been life changing and I will forever be grateful for the things I learned! I am excited to see what this next year has in store for me as I continue in new adv
entures and grow in the gospel!
Well, this last week was wonderful! It was a little slow with Christmas as whatnot but we had a really great time! The first couple days of the week were fairly normal in missionary work. A couple weeks ago when we had our Christmas mission conference, we were encouraged by President and Sister Cleveland to go around to nursing homes and sing Christmas carols to them. So that is what we decided to do here on Christmas Eve! Along with the Elders, we made some cookies and went around to the various nursing homes and the hospital in Greencastle and spread some Christmas cheer to others! It was so great to be able to go around and sing of the Savior's birth! It made my Christmas mean so much more!
This year on Christmas we got permission from President to watch Disney or Christmas movies! :) So after a nice talk with the family Christmas morning, I finally was able to see Frozen! After a whole year of hearing about it and listening to the soundtrack, it felt good to finally be in the loop about all this Frozen hoopla going on! I really liked it. It was a cute movie! It was also great to watch it with the Weiss family! It was fun being able to hang out there most of the morning and afternoon and just be with their amazing family! We had Christmas dinner with another amazing family, the Stewarts! It was a really good meal and we had fun with them and their family! We were able to watch the Tinkerbell Pirate movie and Shrek the Halls with them. It was a wonderful Christmas where I felt very loved and taken care of by the Greencastle hoosiers!
Other than all that, we had district meeting where I gave a training and we did a gift exchange, white elephant thing. That was interesting....it was funny though so that is all that matters. I also had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday on the birth of Christ. It went really well I think and it was really great preparing for it! I am really glad I got that topic. The other speaker did and amazing job and it was such a spirit filled meeting!
I am looking forward to see what this week will bring. I love you all!
love,
Sister Abbie London
1. selfie in front of our homemade tree
2. hallway selfie with elders 



No comments:

Post a Comment