Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall Surprises

Hello Everyone!
Your favorite Indiana missionary coming at you live from the Greencastle Public Library! I hope you all had such a wonderful week! Sorry about the lameo email last week! Hopefully I can make it up to you this week, even though nothing super new and exciting has happened! I will do my best to deliver though!
So last Monday we went golfing...I wasn't good but we had lots of fun! It was a beautiful day and I didn't even really need my sweatshirt on for too long! It was lots of fun! I started to lose my voice on Monday also which wasn't very fun. By Monday night it was pretty pathetic, but just kept getting worse as the week went on! I caught a little bit of a cold and am starting to get over it now. My voice is almost back to normal! Yay! But there were a couple of people that we tried to teach this week that told me how miserable I looked and that I needed to go sleep. It wasn't very fun! being sick as a missionary is so hard because you want to rest and get better but you know that resting all day is not productive and not what you are paying to do. So you try to keep working and being diligent and then people tell you how awful you look and it makes you feel worse...it is an endless cycle. Haha but I am glad to be getting better!

We have a new investigator, Natalie. She is 11 and super awesome! she is excited to learn more about the gospel and she came to church yesterday! She is kind of the step-sister of a recent convert and so we have been teaching her the last couple weeks! she wants to get baptized but hasn't been put on a date yet. We are still trying to figure everything out...it's an odd situation. She is super awesome though! We taught her on Saturday night and made a craft with her! We made these hair flower clip things and showed her the Restoration DVD. It was a cool lesson and it is fun teaching her!
We had the Branch Chili Cook-off on Saturday and it was a beautiful 70 degree day! The weather this week has been absolutely wonderful! It is so nice and warm with a hint of a fall breeze! I am loving it! This morning when we left to go do our laundry at8:00 I didn't even need a jacket or cardigan or anything! It was so wonderful! The leaves are bright beautiful colors and are everywhere! Fall in Indiana is probably my absolute favorite thing here! It is so great! i love looking at the beautiful trees and thinking about how blessed we are to have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much and has given us things like this to be grateful for!
I also had some random things happen this week...like on Tuesday I got a call from the mission office telling me that they were booking flights for the January departure and they needed to ask me a couple quick questions. Then she asked the questions and told me to forget this call ever happened! haha it was pretty funny and I have surprisingly been able to not dwell on the call too often! It is getting really strange though how quickly it is coming up and all the things that go along with that. I am just excited to be here and to be doing the Lord's work! It is a wonderful thing being a missionary and I am loving every second of it. It is hard sometimes and things get rough but I am so grateful for all the trials because of what I have been able to learn from them! :)
I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Happy Halloween!
love,
Sister Abbie Paige!
1. We made matching sweaters this week! :) 
2. After making our craft on Saturday


No comments:

Post a Comment