Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Crazy Missionary Life

Hi Everyone!
Due to Columbus Day yesterday and our little library being closed, I finally get to email! We have come to the library 3 different times today in hopes of 2 computers being open...third times the charm and we were able to snatch a quick email sesh before dinner tonight! So forgive me for being scatter-brained in this email....I have not really thought about what will be going in it...so yeah. It has been a crazy couple of days for sure though! We had a fun P-Day yesterday and spent from about 12-5:30 playing board games! We played Risk and Monopoly. I was not good at Risk but was not the first person killed off....and I was doing pretty good at Monopoly! Thanks to the Elders and the member for telling me when I should invest in houses and even hotels! If we would have had time to finish the game, I probably would have won! It was a good game...some competitiveness crept in but for the most part it was fun!
Last week we did the usual and visited less-actives. That has been our focus lately and we have been able to contact some pretty awesome LA who are wanting to get back into church! It is great! We just came from a lesson with one and I am super excited to continue in our quest of becoming a ward! Hopefully Sister Muñoz and I will be able to stay together another transfer and continue to work on it together. We get transfer calls on Sunday and I really don't want to leave Greencastle yet!
We had a really cool opportunity on Wednesday to watch "Meet the Mormons" and it is just awesome! I loved it and will be excited to watch it again someday! I think it will be a great way to get people to know more about the church and we heard that it was #11 in box office hits this weekend~! That is awesome since it isn't even playing in all theaters! I would definitely recommend it to all you of! Go watch it! 
Also, last Monday for P-Day we went bowling! It was pretty fun and was the first time in a whole year that I had been bowling! I didn't pretty good and managed to finish in 2nd the first game with a 103! I got 3rd the second game with a typical score of like 90's....still it was a lot better than what I played last year in Fishers! It was fun to relax and go bowl! We had a member give us a giant watermelon last night at dinner....yep, the same one who gave me all the watermelon before! It is pretty good watermelon! I guess when you tell someone how much you love something, they are more likely to give it to you....anyway, we decided to seatbelt the melon in the car and last night/this morning proceeded to make a face on it. Her name is Teri and she is currently living in our fridge. It was pretty fun!

We met a really cool potential this week on campus so hopefully something will come of that soon! She is awesome and was pretty excited to take a Book of Mormon! We can tell that she will be a member some day! Sorry this is all so scattered...can't really think right now! I hope I made sense and I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
love,
Sister Abbie Paige
1. Our Risk game...by this point we were all doomed so as the one Elder was resting his head, i was making the picture #2. And this #3 was after I had been cleaned off the board. #4-Teri the watermelon

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment