Monday, September 29, 2014

Mission Conference and Milking

Hello Hello Everyone!
This week has been a busy one! It was wonderful and even though we didn't teach a whole bunch, I had my spiritual glass overflowed with revelation and guidance! It was awesome!

We will start with probably the highlight of the week, spiritually...I have a non spiritual highlight later on....So this week we were able to have Elder and Sister Perkins come to the mission for a mission tour! Elder Perkins is a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. It was such a blessing! We gathered in Fishers on Wednesday with the missionaries from the Indy West and Indy North stakes to have our meeting, or as Elder Perkins had us look at it, our revelatory experience. He started off the meeting by talking to us all about the importance of coming to any type of meeting with a question. By doing so we are then taking control of the meeting and it becomes up to us if we take something away from it. He had us all write down 2 questions, one pertaining to missionary work and the other could be any personal question. It was really cool to see how through out the conference I was able to receive answers to my questions. It was great to be able to have that time to sit and listen to him speak to us. There was a point in the day where he came down off the stand and stood up front for a question answer about missionary work. There we were able to ask him some questions and get answers from him and his wife, President Cleveland and other missionaries! It was really cool to be able to ask a question about how to help on of our investigators and have a general authority help answer it! The are an awesome couple and have a super missionary minded family! All 6 of their kids have or are about to serve a mission! They love missionaries so it was great to be able to have them there! It was just a wonderful day!
On Thursday we had exchanges at IUPUI in Indianapolis! IUPUI is a college downtown that stands for Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis....at least that is what I think it stands for...either way it is easier to say IUPUI! haha it was a fun day and was kind of nice to be back in the city and on a college campus! It was a little strange too though since I have been in the country for a while now and am not as used to city driving! It was really fun! We talked to a lot of people and found some pretty interested ones. It was a beautiful day outside, perfect for walking around campus and Indy! We taught someone a lesson in the library back in a little study area and it made me think back to my college days of studying....it was a fun little moment and actually made me a little excited for when I go back to school! But I am more excited to share the gospel so no worries! :)
It was great to be able to watch the General Women's Conference this weekend and I really enjoyed the talks that were given there! We had our mission wide fast yesterday and I am positive that we will begin to see the miracles come from that soon! So now to the non spiritual highlight! So last night we were about to come in for dinner when we got a call from a member inviting us and the Elders over for dinner! So we went and had some pancakes with the Weiss family! They own and live on a farm so there is always something exciting going on there! As we were finishing up dinner they start talking about how they need to milk the cows so they can feed their new calf. We asked if we could help since we had never milked a cow before....so I got to milk a cow! It was awesome and was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be! The cow I got to milk, Daisy, just had a baby so she was a little sore and was scared of all the people so she didn't let me milk her for very long, but I got a couple squirts out! It was so fun and one of the calves in stall they just bought, so Daisy isn't the mom. His name is Stud Muffin and he was very hungry and impatient. He really wanted the milk, so we learned that a way to help him while waiting for the milk is to let him suck on a couple of your fingers....be a cow pacifier! So Sister Muñoz and I took turns being a pacifier! It was such a weird feeling! Sometimes he would "moo" while my fingers were in his mouth! That was a pretty strange feeling! It was such a cool experience and now I can say that I have milked a cow! It was awesome!
So it's been a great week with another great one to come! I love you all and hope life is good with you! :)
love,
Sister Abbie London
1. Milking
2. being an Indy missionary
3. cow pacifier
​4. the speedway!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment