Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Week of GA's


Abbie and Sister Donaldson

Hello!!!!
This week I had the opportunity to hear from 3, yes 3, General Authorities! It was amazing! On Wednesday we had a big mission conference with Elder Schwitzer from the 2nd Quorum of the 70. It was such an amazing experience where I learned so much! It was so cool to meet him and have to opportunity to learn from him and his wife. There were so many wonderful thoughts shared and I wish I had my journal to share some of those, but I left it at home.
Then this weekend was Stake Conference and Elder Holland came out to rearrange the stake presidency! So we got to hear from him this weekend as well, both Saturday night and Sunday morning. On Sunday I was 11 rows away from him and am pretty sure we made eye contact during the closing hymn. It was such an amazing experience and his remarks really hit home for me. On Saturday night he was typical Elder Holland. Speaking with his voice raised and he even pounded on the pulpit! He did it in a very loving way though! He spoke on how in life it feels like we will always be in darkness when we are going through a trial but Heavenly Father will always be with you. He is closer to you at those times than ever before. One thing that I really liked that he said was "This is the church of happy endings." So no matter how hard it gets, this gospel only brings happy endings. That is something I need to be better on remembering. We also heard from Elder Dunagon. He is an area 70. His remarks were also truly amazing! It was just such an awesome experience!
This week we haven't really been able to get in contact with many investigators so we have trying lots of people.On Thursday-Friday I went on an exchange with one of the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Donaldson. While we were out on Thursday night, we got contact with a potential Sis. Knight and I had been trying to schedule an appointment with. He was home and we had a nice conversation with him about keeping our promises to the Lord. He is a minister who was writing his sermon on that at the time. We got talking about the Book of Mormon and he asked why the Bible doesn't mention the Book of Mormon. So we told him it did and scheduled a time to meet with him in a couple weeks to teach him more about where it says that and how the Book of Mormon and the Bible work together! The exchange was an awesome experience! I learned so much and was so lucky because Sister Donaldson is going home next week so I got to have a transfer with the most experienced Sister in Indiana!
Last night we had a music fireside by Nela Otuafi. He is a Tongan songwriter and producer who writes music about the gospel. It was called "The Power of Music" and was just so good! I loved it and he is really good. I encourage all of you to look him up and listen to his music! Also I wouldn't mind if you sent me some of his CD's mom! ;)
I hope you are all doing well! I would love to hear from you! Sisters need mail too!!!

-Sister London


No comments:

Post a Comment