Monday, November 17, 2014

Sunshine and Snowballs

Hi friends!
It has been a good week here in Greencastle, the land of the blessed! That is what it is known by in the mission...the land of the blessed and after being here, it doesn't take long to find out why! This is such a wonderful branch and I am so blessed to be able to serve here and get to know so many wonderful people! Well, I guess I have felt that way about the whole state of Indiana. Haha So this week has been good and here is why:
First off I will start with the beautiful blanket of snow that is outside right now! Not only is the ground white, but it is also sparkly because the sun is out and making it absolutely beautiful outside! I have sort of mixed emotions about the snow right now...it is really pretty and it is always fun when the first snow comes but I also know what is to come here. I experienced one of the worst Indiana winters already and am a little cautious about what is to come this winter! I am loving it because yesterday when it was snowing and actually sticking to the ground, we had 3 separate snowball fights with the Elders! :) It was pretty fun! The first one was outside of a members house after lunch with them...that started it all and we took a little break to go and be missionaries and teach the gospel but then resumed before we ate dinner. We took another break to eat and go to a fireside but by the time that was over, our cars were covered in snow again so the best and most logical way to clean it off was to make snowballs out of it and continue the fight! haha it was a fun time!
This week we had a lot of lessons but not really with nonmembers. We met with lots of less-actives and with active members. We did meet a couple people who seemed interested in learning more but sadly haven't been able to see them again. We had interviews with President this week, which were really good! I have always enjoyed interviews but this one was probably my favorite! He had us come prepared with a scripture to share that has helped us on our missions and then shared a thought with us on having the right mindset. We are working hard as a mission right now to reach 400 baptisms by the end of the year and really need to have a positive mind in order to reach that goal. He asked us how we get our minds back into a good mindset when we are having a negative one. My answer was that when I feel frustrated or negative the thing that helps me the most is writing in my journal and just venting to it! Let it all out and then look back and read it...usually it makes me laugh at the weird things I said and at how ridiculous I sound! Haha it helps a lot though. I have been thinking about that question a lot lately and have come to realize even more at how important a positive attitude is. As we were talking in our interview President mentioned how having a positive attitude is one of the best Christlike attributes that someone could attain. Being positive will help lead you to better charity, which when you have charity all the other Christlike attributes are being shown. Attitude really does shape our future and how we view our lives.
This week was also so great because a 9 year old in the branch got baptized this weekend! Brenden is awesome! We taught him a little bit when I first got here and then the Elders took over and continued in teaching him! It has been so cool to see the change in his heart the past couple months and was even better to see him make that covenant on Saturday and be baptized!
So, as you can tell, life in the Castle is still going good! We are working hard and have had some great trainings here lately to help us even work harder and be more effective! I am still loving being a missionary and am so glad that I still have time here to work and serve my Heavenly Father! I love you all and hope you have a great week, and if you don't....well maybe a simple change in attitude will make it better! :)
love,
Abbie Paige London

1. At Brenden's baptism
2. The snow that has made Greencastle white



1 comment:

  1. Your amazing!!! Yes, the Castle is the place to be. I am gonna miss you.

    ReplyDelete